These cookies are very soft- perfect for a light snack. They can be grabbed quickly and eaten on the run or simply eaten as dessert after a family dinner. Not only that, but they are very delicious!
1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of corn syrup
1/4 cup molasses
3 1/4 cup of flour
2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
3. Cream together the butter with sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add corn syrup and molasses; mix to combine.
6. Stop machine and then add flour, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
7. Stir on low speed until just combined.
8. Spoon dough by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, placing at least 2 inches apart.
9. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
10. Pull out of oven and cool on racks.
11. Store in anairtight container.