This tart is so perfect to serve on a glorious summer’s night. The rich chocolate filling compliments the delicate raspberries sitting on top; not only that, but there is a chocolate crust to enhance the filling! I (Sophie) served this tart in the summer to some of my parent’s friends. They absolutely loved it and came begging for more. They were practically licking the tart pan. Anyway, I hope you enjoy making this delectable tart!
Chocolate Shortbread Crust:
2/3 cups AP flour
1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 tsp salt
¾ cup cream
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbs butter
12 oz Fresh Raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a tart pan with baking spray.
2. In a food processor, combine the flour, cocoa, sugar and salt and pulse to combine.
3. Add the butter and pulse until it is a moist dough. (dough should be mixed really well, but don’t over mix)
4. Press it firmly into the tart shell.
5. Bake the dough about 12 minutes.
6. When the tart is pulled out, poke a few shallow hole to release steam and then press the dough down firmly with a spoon, (or the bottom of a measuring cup).
7. Stick the tart in to bake another 5 minutes.
8. Stick the shell in the freezer. (Preparing everything else will take about 10-15 minutes- enough to cool the shell).
9. While the shell is cooling, prepare the ganache.
10. Put 8oz of chocolate pieces in a heat proof bowl.
11. In a small pot, combine the cream, and vanilla and bring to a simmer.
12. Pour this mixture over the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
13. Add the butter and whisk until smooth and glossy.
14. Pour the ganache into a cooled tart shell.
15. Let the tart sit about 10 minutes while the ganache sets up.
16. Line up the raspberries down the tart.
17. Slice and enjoy!
Recipe taken from: