These cupcakes look so cool!! They are so easy to make, yet so delicious. Not only were these cupcakes a hit at a bake sale, but they were super fun to make! The rainbow sprinkles on top just simply add to that rainbow effect. I hope you like them!
2 boxes of vanilla or white cake mix (plus the eggs, oil, and water it takes to make the cake mix)
Frosting (any flavor)
Sprinkles (if desired)
1. Preheat oven as directed on box.
2. Line cupcake tins with desired liners.
3. Make cake mix as directed on box.
4. Divide batter into six bowls, and put a few drops of food coloring in each bowl. (each bowl will get one color… red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) Now mix the colors in.
5. Drop a spoonful of purple into each cupcake tin. Move backwards through the rainbow in order to fill the cupcake tin 3/4 full. (purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, then red)
6. Bake the cupcakes as directed. *
7. Let the cupcakes cool and then frost and sprinkle.
*Cupcakes are done when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean OR when cupcakes spring back when touched.